1918 - It begins
311 Maynard Street, Ann Arbor, Michigan 21244, our first location. In the heart of Ann Arbor, close by Hoover Steel Ball Company, we started our journey of passion and dedication. Over the next year, we accumulated 21 employees and continued expanding our operations.
1919 - Mass Operations
In 1919, we officially moved our operations from the 311 Maynard Street location to 416 W Huron Street in Ann Arbor. Francis Lapointe continued to expand the manufacturing facility until our street address changed to 408 West Washington Street. By 1920, we had added 90 more employees and made our first large shipment of broaching machines via railcar.
1961 - Incorporation
After 100% of American Broach stock was sold to the Sundstrand Corporation, the headquarters was moved to the west side of town into a new building that remained its headquarters from 1963 to 2008. In the mid 70’s the company stock was sold to a group of investors and employees. In 2004, 60% of company stock was sold to a multi-national machine tool corporation, the remaining 40% was purchased in 2010 by an Ann Arbor, Michigan based LLC (QCA).